I want to give a great heartfelt thank you to Saana of Live Now – Dream Later! for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I couldn’t be more honored to receive such acknowledgment from a blogging peer.
Receiving this nomination not only boosts my confidence as a writer, but heightens my believe that others actually believe in my vision, my words and my dreams. To receive that encouragement from folks who know me only as According to Courtney is even more special. Thank you to ALL of my new blogging friends who have left their bits of optimism over the past month or so.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Eleven Random Facts You Never Knew You Needed to Know About Me!
1. I have a horrible fear of goats.
2. I have to “justify” every paragraph I write or the uneven lines in my writing drive me nuts.
3. Sometimes, I like dogs more than people.
4. “Empire Records” is my favorite movie.
5. I have three degrees. Technically, I do not use any of them.
6. I play the piano. But, I haven’t played in over 10 years.
7. I watch entirely too much television.
8. I love cereal.
9. I have worn glasses (or contacts) since the second grade.
10. I read the entire series “Chronicles of Narnia” in the third grade.
11. I love Belgian beer.
My Answers to Saana’s Questions
1. What is your biggest dream in life?
Honestly, to be a writer and break out from my cubical walls.
2. Are you planning to make it happen and how?
Yes. And, I haven’t quite worked out the details. 🙂
3. If you could live in any other country except the one you are from, what would it be?
England. I have never been. But, it seems like a good place for a broody writer. And, my husband could do theater there.
4. If you became a millionaire, what would be the first thing you bought/invest in?
I’d invest in “me” by paying off my student loan debt. Then I’d buy a house. In the country. With a lot of land.
5. What is the most embarrassing moment of your life this far?
Failing the bar exam.
6. What is your favourite sport (to do, not to watch)?
I really like kayaking. Although I don’t own one. I’d like one though!
7. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever heard/read of?
8. What is the biggest reason why you decided to accept this challenge?
I love that other bloggers are reading my stuff and I think it is important to recognize and support each other in our dreams.
9. What would be your dream job?
To write whatever I want and get paid for it. Or, any job where I am the boss.
10. What is the scariest thing that has ever occurred to you?
My husband and I want to have a child. And, that means I will be pregnant. That scares the hell out of me.
11. What would you do if you found a brand new iPhone 6 on the street that someone has lost?
Find the owner as promptly as possible. I’m a Samsung girl!
Eleven Questions to Ponder for My Nominees
I look forward to reading your responses! Enjoy!
1. What is your biggest fear in life?
2. If you had the chance to move to Mars, knowing you could never return to Earth, would you? Why?
3. Which do you prefer: dogs or cats?
4. What do you wish you had done when you were younger that you never got to do?
5. Where is your favorite place in the world?
6. If you were stranded on a deserted island with one thing, what would it be?
7. Do you believe in ghosts?
8. What food could you not live without?
9. If you could choose your own theme song what would it be?
10. Christmas or Halloween?
11. What is the most influential book you have ever read?
Some nominees my not choose to accept the challenge. I think it is an awesome way to get us all reading each other’s blogs and promote one another. We are a community and the Liebster Award nominations help our community grow! This nomination allowed me to discover some awesome new blogs and connect with some great writers! The scariest part of accepting this challenge for me was finding 11 blogs who had not recently been nominated. In the process, I discovered some amazing new blogs to follow! Check them out! I hope you all accept! My nominees are: